Digital Anarchy Releases Updates to Primatte Chromakey and Backdrop Designer
Free Updates Add New Functionality to Popular Photoshop Plug-ins
San Francisco, Nov. 8, 2005 —
Digital Anarchy, a leading provider of cost-effective special effects software for Adobe®, Apple® and Discreet™ products, today announced the availability of Primatte Chromakey 2.1 and Backdrop Designer 1.1. These new plug-ins for Adobe Photoshop and Photoshop Elements allow photographers to easily create hundreds of different backgrounds for use in studio portraiture, product shots, wedding photos, school pictures and other commercial work.
“With Primatte Chromakey and Backdrop Designer, a photographer has the potential to change traditional portrait photography,” said Jim Tierney, founder of Digital Anarchy. “These filters create a digital workflow that is easy, quick and eliminates the need for an expensive collection of traditional muslin backgrounds. They give both the client and photographer control to make changes after the photo shoot.”
Primatte Chromakey digitally removes a blue/green background from a photograph, leaving the subject against a transparent background with any color cast removed. Primatte excels in preserving important details like wisps of hair and sheer material. Any image can be substituted behind the subject, including photograph-quality backgrounds created with Backdrop Designer. Use over 900 pre-made backdrops to create colorful textures and then add in shadows to simulate 3D drapery. All Backdrop Designer graphics are resolution-independent and combinations of textures and shadows can be saved for later use.
Primatte Chromakey updates include:
- Multi-layer 16-bit support: 16-bit files now support multiple layers just like 8-bit files always have. This allows users to preview a replacement background while working in Primatte.
- Improved 16-bit performance: The speed of handling 16-bit files has been improved. In some cases 16-bit files will render faster than 8-bit files.
- User interface improvements: Primatte’s interface has been modified to make it behave more like Photoshop, making it easier for users to transition between Photoshop and the plug-in.
- Bug fixes: A number of major and minor issues have been addressed to make Primatte more stable and faster.
Backdrop Designer updates include:
- 350 New Backgrounds: The number of shipped presets has increased by over 30%. These new presets are complete texture and shadow combinations that create realistic backgrounds for use with photography or design.
- New Preset Categories: There are new texture/shadow categories for silk, velvet, lighted muslin, stained glass and much more.
Pricing and Availability.
Regularly priced at USD $299, Primatte Chromakey is available now for USD $279. Regularly priced at USD $179, Backdrop Designer is available now for USD $169. Regularly priced at USD $449, a bundle of the two products called the Professional Photography Suite is available for USD $429. This special pricing is available until Nov. 30, 2005. The Primatte Chromakey and Backdrop Designer updates are free for existing customers; users should contact Digital Anarchy for details.
Demos, tutorials and samples are available at www.digitalanarchy.com. Both products are compatible with Photoshop 5.5 and higher and Photoshop Elements 2.0 and higher. They are available for Mac OS X (not OS 9) and Windows 98ME and higher.
About Digital Anarchy.
Digital Anarchy® is a privately owned company operating out of San Francisco, Calif., that creates high quality creative software for broadcast designers, animators and professional photographers. These tools solve a wide range of design issues, from creating text effects and background design elements, to masking out bluescreens for commercial photography. Digital Anarchy products work in conjunction with a wide range of products from companies like Adobe®, Discreet™ and Apple®. For more information about Digital Anarchy and its products, please see the company’s website at www.digitalanarchy.com or call 415-830-3689.
Digital Anarchy is a registered trademark of Digital Anarchy Inc. All other brand names, product names, service marks, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.
167 Vernon Street
San Francisco, CA 94132
(415) 358-4874 (Fax)